Great Tasting Keto Cheesy Bacon Soup
This creamy, keto cheesy bacon soup is a sure winner and might become one of your favourites. Not just delicious but it’s also healthy as it contains cauliflower which is a good option of veggie on the keto diet.
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons bacon bits
1. In a deep pan, heat up 3/4 of the olive oil and the garlic on medium heat.
2. Once hot, add in the cauliflower.
3. Pour in the chicken broth and water, bringing it to a boil over high heat. Stir frequently.
4. Once it’s boiling, stir in the heavy whipping cream then turn the heat down to medium.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the rest of your oil and xanthan gum to make a slurry.
6. Drop your slurry into the soup and stir. It should start to thicken.
7. Little by little, add in your cheese, stirring it into the soup so it melts.
8. Whisk in your bacon and serve!
➡ Nutritional Information:
Energy – 343 kcal
Protein – 17g
Fat – 289g
Net Carbs – 4g